Re-Thread by John Horsfall is a range of recycled, regenerated & plant-based fibres & fabrics for use in onboard comfort items. John Horsfall’s Re-Thread programme enables airlines to choose well made, considerately sourced & long-lasting products, which have a big impact on the passenger experience, not on the earth!
Taking influence from the worlds of technical textiles & sports-wear, our R&D team have worked closely with specialist manufactures to bring recycled, sustainable and long-lasting fabrics to the commercial aviation market.
The Re-thread programme helps airlines take a holistic approach to sustainability, taking into account all aspects of the product life cycle; from raw materials to logistics, packaging, longevity, laundry & end-of-life disposal.
The range includes:
- Re-Thread blankets- innovative woven blankets utilise fibres generated from post-consumer-waste. Offering bespoke design opportunities & lessening micro-plastic shedding compared with fleece blankets; these blankets can also last at least 100 washes. Value for money & a sustainable alternative to short-life products.
- Re-Thread fillings –Our pillows, duvets & mattresses can now be made with 100% recycled fibre filling. Diverting plastic waste from landfill & offering the same levels of comfort & warmth as virgin fibres.
- Re-gen Cotton – regenerated cotton fibres from post-consumer textile waste such as denim garments can be used in our soft woven bedding & all-in-one duvets.
- Sorona® – Dupont’s Eco-efficient performance fibre is made from 37% annually renewable plant-based ingredients. Perfect in premium pillows as a non-animal alternative to Feather & Down.
- BioFibre – The responsible choice for Economy Disposables, BioFibre is made with reclaimed waste-wood, using a clean, chemical-free process
- Plastic-free packaging. Our range of innovative alternatives to single use plastic. Integral packaging solutions which are better for the environment, and for the passenger experience; including blankets, duvets & mattresses with in-built pockets & ties, and rotable branded bags perfectly designed to maximise the at-seat sustainable messaging.
Or visit their virtual exhibition stand at WTCE Virtual this September, register online.
(NB. Re-Thread by John Horsfall Trademark pending.)