Anne De Hauw, Founder of In Air Travel Experience recently sat down with the WTCE team to talk about how the passenger experience is evolving – from the impact of personalisation to the onboard service model.
In addition to her role as founder of In Air Travel Experience, a consultancy with a focus on customer experience, innovation and sustainability for the air travel sector, Anne is a member of the Board of Advisors of the International Aviation Waste Management Association and partner at The Hayward Partnership.
Watch the full interview below:
For more video insights, sign up to the WTCE channel.
Key insights from the interview
- “In a post-COVID world, passengers and therefore airlines will seek to minimise the number of human touchpoints to reduce the risk of infection. It is only technology that can enable this through real-time engagement with the passenger and more responsive service.”
- “Digitisation is key to transforming the experience and is definitely the number one game changer we can expect to see onboard.”
- “Airlines should focus – besides maintaining liquidity of course – on building a strong brand and a strong customer engagement strategy. A customer centric approach is now more important than ever and can be realised by a seamless end-to-end digital platform.”
- “Sustainability isn’t a trend, its here to stay and it will become top of mind again once the virus is under control.”
- “To reduce the environmental impact onboard, airlines should only be loading what is needed rather than filling the plane with wasteful items that do not essentially contribute to the customer experience. They should simplify the inflight products, digitise the experience and introduce initiatives to reduce waste in their ecosystem.”
- “The pandemic has accelerated consumers’ desire to engage with companies that support social and environmental progress; essentially organisations that say what they do and do what they say.”
- “As a company, we are connecting and collaborating with different stakeholders to create solutions for the new world rather than building on old ones.”
- “The industry needs a multi-stakeholder approach in recycling efforts and waste management.”
- The Future of Sustainability with David Young, former Qantas
- Airline Catering Changes with Sunbul Dubuni, LSG Group
- Packaging Challenges Onboard with Ariane Van Mancius, Now New Next